Wednesday 18 December 2013

7 days to Christmas ...l are u ready to maskachaska;-)

And so as I promised you folks, here is the start to my Christmas sweet discovery journey. I will take u through a little fun take in Christmas sweet making. U will learn it as I do, along with me and sure if u just wanna ignore... Go for it!

Today I decided to make guava cheese. Now I know most of u are going to say.... What? Is that even a dish?? Is it a sweet? Is it a cheese? Is it bird, is it a plane.... Ok I'll stop here... This ain't no batman...

Well the Goans make a sweet called 'Perad' called guava cheese.  It's actually a Portuguese sweet, had during the festive season... Not like u cannot have it otherwise... And I decided to make it because I like guava.... And I like the Portuguese too ;-)

But my friends, this turned out to be one of the most most most difficult off all sweets one could ever make!! Along with the ingredients which is simple sugar, lemon and guava, they forget to mention, as part of the ingredients,  an extra arm and a leg and a neck too.

One has to keep stirring and stirring to get that thing into a ball like stage. Before it sets. But once it does and once it's cooled off its soooo ready to eat!

It's soft, filled with the taste of the guava, with a hint of lemon! One bite and there is no denying u will long for one more and one more and one more.

I hope this sweet of Christmas was the most difficult and that my other sweets are going to co-operate with me and help me accomplish my goal.

Watch out for the next one.... I am going to attempt two... Marzipan and milk cream. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment